# There are 2 ways to implement Mainframe connection.
1. When deploy a Teradata VM.
1) In the node.IT.properties.json file, enter the TDP logical host ID in the LHID field.
2) Add the vNodes to the appropriate MVSetc.hosts file in correct format.
3) Edit the TDP parama file to add the NP information
4) Ping the VM from the mainframe to confirm the deployment.
2. If you have already deployed a Teradata VM,
You can execute a script to connect with a mainframe computer.
1) Execute the configureTCHN.sh script on the deployed VM.
# sh /var/opt/teradata/tvme/script/configureTCHN.sh tdpid=LHID
where LHID is the TDP logical host ID.
# Customer need to open an Change Control to implement mainframe connection.